Logo

1992 75hp Mariner tilt

woodfan

"Is there a remote tilt contro

"Is there a remote tilt control on my Mariner itself that can be used when your at the motor trying to get the rod in that you use while trailering that holds the motor up. I don't seem to be able to find one in the manual. Otherwise this seems to be a two person operation.

Many Thanks,

Ron"

"Ron that rod is not meant to

"Ron that rod is not meant to be a trailering rod ,it is just for seting your trim ,but as many do use it so i suppose it will keep from dragging your lower unit.
A Transom Saver is what should be used for trailering!
-------------------------------
Have been a couple units that have just a tilt unit for trailering alone, Dont see so many of them.

Do you have power trim n tilt on youre unit ??
If not you have no choice but to manually raise the motor !"

I guess I wasn't very clea

I guess I wasn't very clear. The (rod) I'm using is actually the transom saver. Yes I do have tilt & trim. I saw someone at the boat ramp with a Mariner on a bass boat and he was able to operate it at the motor. I guess mine is too old to have it on the motor also. I was not able to talk to him as he had pulled out and I was motoring away.

Ron

"Then you can try ,finding a c

"Then you can try ,finding a close location for your tilt,when done boating run it up to that spot hook it in on the bottom end and warap a bunjie around the l/unit then let the motor back down to secure it !
Or make up your own switch setup and mount it on the lower cowling or somewhere close for access."

Back