Logo

Serial number info gray marine

myoldstuff

"Any info on serial number #26

"Any info on serial number #26 110702 would be helpful. Trying to date the one I just acquired, since I'm new at this posting thing I'm adding my regular email for you to respond.
Thanks for any help you can give
[email protected]"

"Jim,

Do you have a model n

"Jim,

Do you have a model number for the engine also?

Is it a 4, 6, or 8 cylinder?

The Handbook covers all the 4 & 6 cylinder models."

"The following came back from

"The following came back from Jim by email:
<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Thanks for responding.
I've been able to find the following.
On the intake side of the combined cylinder block is a dime sized cast circle with the letter F cast in. Possibly a model designation, also cast above the intake port the number 19101--probably a cylinder cast part number. Underneath the crankcase is cast 19252. Flywheel 02143.
Thanks again for your input.
Jim<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>
Jim,

I can't tell from the casting numbers, maybe someone else can.

There was a Continental "L-Head" F model in various displacments, but without some additional info I can't say that is what it is.

I still don't know if it is a 4, 6, or 8 cylinder engine. Is there a Graymarine "nameplate" on the engine? That would have model number info.

You can post your response here.

Thanks.

mfg_gray.gif
"

"It's a 2 cylinder 2 cycle

"It's a 2 cylinder 2 cycle engine, 3 1/2" bore, 3 1/2" stroke, no plate just says Grey Motor Co. Detroit, Michigan on flywheel.
Jim"

"Ahh... okay...

That is a v

"Ahh... okay...

That is a very different Gray than I thought.

You will need to check on the OldMarineEngine.com website in the (click on the underlined text to follow)

Gray Motor Company - early 1 and 2 cylinder category.

There is a lot of information there with photos and ads of the early 2 cycle Gray Motor Co engines. I used to have one, see below. Sorry to send you elsewere, but that site will have much more info that this one... Post your question again there and you will get a lot of interested responses.

17116.jpg
"

Back