Logo

140 HP Chrysler Waterpumplower unit Removal

marks500

Contributing Member
"I am planning on Changing out

"I am planning on Changing out my water pump in the morning. I have never done it before, I do have the seloc Manual for the engine. For someone that has never done it before, is it really difficult? It seems easy in the manual but you know how they are... any help would be appreciated. Thanks."

"very easy, just follow step b

"very easy, just follow step by step

use some soap when putting the new impeller in"

"Thanks Man, I actually did it

"Thanks Man, I actually did it yesterday and it was so much easier then I thought it would be. The only problem I had was one of the heads on the bolts that holds to water pump cover on broke off, Luckly it left enough stud when I got the cover off to take a pair of Vise grips to it and pull it out. The hardest part of the whole thing was getting the lower unit back on to the housing. Over all it took me about an Hour, and the shop wanted to charge me for 2 hrs labor, forget that...lol"

"Alright I will keep that in m

"Alright I will keep that in mind. One more question. This is my first chrysler engine. I did got the water pump installed like I said, it is definatly getting water up in the engine now. My question is, How hot should the water be that is coming out? I ran it for about 1-2 min on the Ear muffs in the driveway and stuck my hand under the stream of water coming out and it was like hot bath water, Nothing that would burn you just really warm, Is that normal?"

Back