Logo

1987 suzuki 175

A

alexander parker

"after running engine and shut

"after running engine and shutting down, one side has no fire at the plug. Had a bad battery cable which kept it from starting. replaced and checked fuses, all seems ok. any suggestions?"

"try this again. Single plug.

"try this again. Single plug. I changed out the oil sensor by the cdi unit.. no change. I then pulled the oil resevoir and noticed the oil filter sensor wires were broken, tried to reconnect and fire off. no change. ordered a new one. do not know if this is the problem."

thanks. I took all grounds lo

thanks. I took all grounds loose and cleaned. but I did not check to see if any of the wires had turned black or not. will let you know after I check and replace any bad wire.

"oil filter sensor did not com

"oil filter sensor did not come in today due to Jefferson Davis's Birthday. While waiting, wondering if anyone knew where I could get a Tachometer Voltage regulator for the 1987 Suzuki 175, or if there was a way to bypass this to get the tach working again."

"Oil filter sensor changed, wi

"Oil filter sensor changed, wires checked and terminals cleaned and refastened. Engine still fires on the Port side only.. Any suggestion?"

Found the problem. The oil wa

Found the problem. The oil warning reset below the CDI that I replaced was bad. tried everything that I could think of and then took the one off the good engine and it worked.
thanks for the help.

Back