Logo

Searsprobably Eska 3 hp

tom_n_ms

71 model I think model 217-585

71 model I think model 217-58541 s/n 152096--seems to be running hot..diagram I found at Sears parts direct shows water tube but I see no impeller/water pump. Any info appreciated..Thanks

there is an impellor in the le

there is an impellor in the leg. it requires removal of prop gear drive and lower leg. fairly simple. impellor and repair manual can both be found on ebay. 10.00 for impellor and 16.00 for manual. all it does is keep the leg cool where the exhaust comes out. the impellor is at the lower end of the water tube. it sprays water on the bottom of the engine and and it runs down and comes out the exhaust ports.

Brim_buster. Thanks.. What sit

Brim_buster. Thanks.. What site on ebay? Only parts breakdown I have been able to find is Sears Parts direct and it shows the tube but does not show the impeller and it don't list an impeller unless I am overlooking it--and I could very well be overlooking it...The drawing comes up on my computer pretty blurred--anyway looks like they would list the impeller in the parts list even if it was not shown for some reason...Someone gave this old motor to my Brother and he is trying to get it going enough to check it out before he spends much on it...would be easy to put more than it is worth into it real quick..I appreciate the info and any other details you might have..Thanks again..

"No problem. The 3.5 horsepow

"No problem. The 3.5 horsepower had an impeller, but not the 3. Make sure that the tube is not plugged and that the opening is in good shape."

My brother in law recently pic

My brother in law recently picked up a Sea King 7 hp motor. The motor cover also says Montgomery Ward on it. We are looking for the proper gas/oil mixture for it. Motor info as follows:

Model # K700 3107B
Type # 6027370R
Serial # 925600

Any help would be appreciated also would like to know the year of it.

Help. I have the same motor and today the lever to shift from neutral to forward came of and fell in the lake, it's gone. The motor still runs and prop spins. Do I need this and is it fixable?

Back