Logo

1990 arriva 2450

jeremy27

Regular Contributor
"does anybody know anything ab

"does anybody know anything about a (1990 arriva 2450),I have a 1990 stingray 596 with a 5.0V8 and was thinking about trading for the 1990 arriva 2450 but don't know any thing about it,or even if it is any good or worth the trade or just keep the one I have.Thanks"

"Yea and it just gave me some

"Yea and it just gave me some links where people were saying that it was made bad but I didn't know if that was there own personal thoughts or if that was true,So far i only use this place to ask question because I get good answers and the truth about stuff,so I was seeing if anybody knew anything about them.thanks"

"I have a 89 2450 that I have

"I have a 89 2450 that I have owned for five years. 454 W bravo I,factory thru hull exhaust with factory wet mufflers. I absolutely love the boat. The boat is fairly light, has a great hull design and is very fast. U S Marine (Parent company of Bayliner)manufactured Arriva in '89,90 and 91 in an attempt to compete in the higher end performance boat market. The boat styling was definately years ahead of its time. Arriva again manufactured boats in '96 and 97 making a 2250 and 2550. Same idea very sleek and fast boat. Quite a number of boats sold in Europe and less in US. Later model boats are hard to find
170560.jpg
2550 Arriva

"Thanks,nice boat just like th

"Thanks,nice boat just like the one i was looking at but it was a open bow and red."

"Gary;
What sort of WOT speed

"Gary;
What sort of WOT speed do you get with the 454 in the Arriva?
Can you ski and wakeboard behind it, or it is strictly to get there fast?
Is it stern drive, V-drive, inboard ?

Rod"

"Rod;

"Rod; I'm new to this what is the difference between a stern drive and a v-drive,mine they say is a stern drive,is the v-drive what comes on a wakeboard boat."

"An inboard is a center mounte

"An inboard is a center mounted engine and transmission with the propshaft angled down thru the bottom to the stern. This arrangement requires the engine to be mounted at an angle to keep the driveshaft geometry right, and you have the doghouse in the middle of the boat. The weight balance is good though.

A V-drive is a stern mounted engine driving a forward shaft to a V shaped transmission, then the propshaft is angled down thru the bottom to the stern.
This arrangement moves the engine out of the way in the passenger compartment, and also puts the weight back on the stern, which is better for wakeboarding. V-drive transmissions have a characteristic whine that you can hear for a long ways.

Both these arrangements allow lots of power to be transmitted to the prop, as the transmissions are quite robust. Unfortunately both arrangements are no good for shallow lakes as there is no way to raise the prop. A prop strike on one of these will usually bend the propshaft and fritz a 1000 dollar prop.

Stern drives provide capability to raise the prop, and they put the engine at the stern out of the way. In many ways they are the handiest arrangement, but the drive system is maintenance prone, and in the case of the Alpha, they are the weak link in the system.

Hope that helps.
Rod"

"No of corse not. My boat has

"No of corse not. My boat has an Alpha Gen II as well.
The Alphas are good to about 300 hp only, but up to that point they are pretty sound and reliable.
Compared to inboards and V drives, stern drives are more maintenance prone; that was my only point.

Rod"

"Rod
Hope I didn’t mislead

"Rod
Hope I didn’t mislead you. The pic I posted is the boat I am trying to find (only open bow). Here is a pic of my ’89 same as Jeremy was looking at. I run on the high mountain lakes in Utah and the elevation is definitely a performance challenge. Lake is 6,200 ft elevation. 330 hp 454, Bravo one 1.50 gears 21 pitch mercury mirage plus, 4600 rpm 56 mph. 2 people no gear ¼ tank fuel. I also run at Lake Powell elevation 3,700 ft. Here I run a 23 pitch prop, 4650 rpm, 61 mph. I have never had the boat near sea level but I would guess you could bump the prop up a little and maybe run mid 60’s. As far as skiing and wakeboarding no problem on the 21 pitch prop. In fact at 6200 ft we have had six people in the boat and two in the water wakeboarding at the same time with no problems.

Gary

171028.jpg
89 arriva

Gary;
Very nice boat.
That&#

Gary;
Very nice boat.
That's pretty good WOT speed for that elevation I would guess.
What length? 22' or 24'
A blown 502 would compensate for the elevation issue!

Rod

Rod;
The boat is 24'.
Th

Rod;
The boat is 24'.
The 502 idea is very tempting but might be over kill. I rode with a guy in a 27' sport cat with supercharged 502 (about 750 hp)at Bear Lake. WOT about 84 mph. I tell you the difference between 60 mph and 80's is like being on another planet!!! I think for my hull anything into the mid 70's and I'll have to deal with steering. I'm thinking maybe just a Procharger on the 454.

Gary

"that is like the one I was lo

"that is like the one I was looking at,but no tower, that boat is beautiful.Makes me want to go get the one I was looking at and put a tower on it, but I have no payments and I like that right now,but very nice boat.I,ve been on a buddy's fountain at 80+mph it was fun just not for me right now maybe when the kids get older"

Back