Logo

Marine Battery Application Code

89sea65ray

"Didn't want to be a tag a

"Didn't want to be a tag along on Marine Battery topic, alot of good info guys. But still alittle confused. I too have a 19' cubby that I use for pulling the kids around on the tube & listening to the radio. My battery went dead last year so I'm looking at buying a new one. Kmart has Die Hard's on sale & when I looked at them I understand the CCA's, but they have an "Application Code" on them (M1,M2,M3,& M4). Is this something worth worrying 'bout. We're usually out on the water between 6 to 8 hrs. I thought about running 2 batteries like you guys talked about, but I read one topic where someone said you should run 2 alike batteries (2 car or,2 marine,etc.). What type of batteries do you guys recommend for what I using my boat for? Thanks in advance guys."

Ignore the application code si

Ignore the application code since it is a size issue. For a 3.0L to a 5.7L engine you want at least 650 CCA from a Diehard Marine Battery. LOOK CAREFULLY at the mfg. date code on it before you buy it or you may get one that has been on the shelf 2 years--not good.

Back