Logo

1976 JOHNSON 135 WILL NOT START

C

CHRIS27

"MOTOR IS COMPLETELY REBUILT,M

"MOTOR IS COMPLETELY REBUILT,MOTOR IS VERY SLOW WHILE TRING TO START BUT CAN TAKE ONE PLUG OUT AND THE MOTOR SPINS VERY FAST.DOSE ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA WHERE TO START"

Have you battery load tested a

Have you battery load tested at your local auto parts store. Check the battery cables. All must be very clean and tight.

Have your battery load tested

Have your battery load tested at your local auto parts store. Check the battery cables. All must be very clean and tight.

"I WENT AND BOUGHT A NEW BATTE

"I WENT AND BOUGHT A NEW BATTERY STILL THE SAME PROBLEM,I DID OBSERVE ONE THING IT HAS A WEAK SPARK,AND IS IT POSSIBLE FOR THAT YEAR OF MOTOR TO JUMP TIME IF SO HOW DO YOU GET IT BACK IN TIME"

"The engine must turn over at

"The engine must turn over at least 300 rpms in order to energize the ignition. Check all starter related cables at the battery, solenoid, starter, ground, etc.

Feel the cables. A faulty internally corroded cable OR a loose cable OR a tight but dirty connection will result in a very hot cable.

To test the starter, simply run good known cables directly from the battery to the electric starter.

The flywheel nut must be torqued to 105 foot pounds, otherwise when running, the flywheel key will shear. The only way the engine could be out of time (assuming the plug wires, etc are attached properly) is if the flywheel key is sheared."

"THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE I

"THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE INFO MR.REEVES YOU HAVE BEEN MOST HELPFUL.I HAVE ONE MORE QUESTION WITH ONE CYLINDER BEING BORED 30 OVER WHAT IS THAT GOING TO MESS UP, THE MACHINE SHOP GUY SAID IT WOULD BE FINE AND I WOULD NOT HAVE ANY TROUBLE OUT OF IT."

Back