Logo

Engine dies but starts up again

jb914

Contributing Member
"i have twin Chrysler 360'

"i have twin Chrysler 360's and my port engine dies after warming up. It starts right back up. i suspect its the coil. can i just get a NAPA coil? or does it need to be a specific type?

Also, i have One wire alternators and the chrysler electronic dist. the wiring harness is really old and i would like to replace it. with a one wire setup is there some pieces to the engine that are not needed? voltage regulator, ballast resistor?

Also, I'm assuming that i can just trace back each wire to the Bus bar that goes to the bridge and replace them one by one for the guages? I'm mechanically inclined ,but, not familiar with the Chrysler electronic setup."

All I can speak for is the coi

All I can speak for is the coil; it needs to be epoxy filled and not oil filled for marine applications. Do you have points or EI?

Chuck

Similar to my problem. Mine r

Similar to my problem. Mine ran at high idle when the choke was on. Choke came off and the engine went to slow idle and died. Carb was my problem. Mine started right up too. Never missed. Just died when it went to idle.

Check the carb!

I was wrong. it was the elect

I was wrong. it was the electronic module in the Dist.

at least i have new everthing!

Back