Logo

What year is my 75hp mariner

willhunt

the serial #6616675 also their

the serial #6616675 also their water comming out of the little hole along the spark plug in the first cylinder any advice also looking for a manual for this motor

"Bill, you have 1984 Merc buil

"Bill, you have 1984 Merc built Mariner. It sounds like you have a bad cylinder block cover gasket allowing water to leak through from the water jacket/channels and out the spark plug hole.

Merc part number 27-961711 (costs less than 8 bucks) is probably the culprit....

A Seloc's manual for 3 and 4 cylinder Mercury's of this vintage will provide you everything you need to care for this motor (about 35 bucks)...."

"You can get a Selocs manual f

"You can get a Selocs manual from this site (check on the upper left of this screen), or alternately most marine dealers/Merc dealers will have the manuals in book form - generally sell for about 35 bucks...

Replacing that particular gasket is fairly simple - unless the motor has seen salt water and the bolts are corroded in place. If that's the case, unless you have a tap set and the ability to remove and re-tap busted bolts, then perhaps leave it for someone else. If this has been a freshwater motor, they should come out without any trouble..."

i have a 75hp mariner 2stroke.

i have a 75hp mariner 2stroke. Serial # 0b174155 what year is this and is this a good motor?

"Brae, that is a 1986 model -

"Brae, that is a 1986 model - well built, excellent ignition system and considerably better torque with the 4 cylinder models compared to the 3's that replaced them..."

Back