Logo

Honda bf150 only reaches 2200 rpm

D

doug wulff

"2008 bf 150 won't reach r

"2008 bf 150 won't reach rpms. it is on a 21 foot snake river jet with a 14.25 by 21 prop that i think is to big.any help before i take it to the dealer would be great,thanks."

"Even with that prop, you shou

"Even with that prop, you should be seeing 5000 RPMs Closer to 6000 is optimum. Could be in limp mode or have fuel blockage. It is under warranty, so I would first see the dealer to document the problem."

"thanks for the info.i took it

"thanks for the info.i took it to my shop,disconnected the throttle linkage and had my wife watch the tach and ran the throttle by hand.it runs great till 3000 rpm then it starts missing and it stays at 3100"

Really sounds like a fuel prob

Really sounds like a fuel problem. Are you running a 10 micron fuel/water separator filter? Is bulb staying firm while engine is running?

the motor has 1.3 hours on it

the motor has 1.3 hours on it so i havn't changed the filter yet.the bulb stays firm all the time.thanks for your help.i am calling the dealer tomorrow but they are mainly a 4 wheeler and small kicker dealer.

"Well good luck and post resul

"Well good luck and post results. If you do not have an external filter, it is recommended that you install same."

"Perhaps you've solved you

"Perhaps you've solved your problem, but my BF150 did almost the same thing (maxed out at 4000 rpm, and missed at WOT). At first I suspected the prop, but my top speed was 38 mph (gps), so I ruled that out. Finally determined the problem to be incorrect setting on the back of my Faria tach. The BF150 has a 4 pole alternator, and the tach was set up for 6 pole by the dealer. I'm now running 6100 at WOT, and the missing was the rev limiter."

Back