Logo

Force 50 hp

aceclimb31

The engine runs great...Water

The engine runs great...Water coming out of the ports...I've notice a little water coming out of the lower mounting bolt..The bolt is located on the back right..I can see water mix with a little gear oil..What should i do??? Motor has good compression...

"Mine does the same thing. Wha

"Mine does the same thing. What I found out is that the lower mount bolt is supposed to weep some water. That it is machined that way. It might be a lower housing gasket that has a small tear in it. Just flush it out with new oil and keep an eye on it to see if it gets worse. I was also told to do a compression test on it, but you already did that that. Hope this helps."

"Mine does the same thing. Wha

"Mine does the same thing. What I found out is that the lower mount bolt is supposed to weep some water. That it is machined that way. It might be a lower housing gasket that has a small tear in it. Just flush it out with new oil and keep an eye on it to see if it gets worse. I was also told to do a compression test on it, but you already did that that. Hope this helps."

"Pull the spark plugs out one

"Pull the spark plugs out one at a time and put a compression tester in the spark plug hole. Make sure the plug wire is off the other plug, so the motor won't start on you. Then turn the motor over about 2 seconds. Check the compression gauge, then do the same thing on the other cylinder. See if the reading for both cylinders is the same, or within a couple pounds of each other. You'll have to find what the cylinder compression should be for your motor from a marine mechanic. Hope this helps"

Back