Logo

Honda BF200 beepbuzzer at start and ruff idle

hookmeup

"First off I would like to say

"First off I would like to say I am glad to find such a nice board since when not fishing I am usually thinking about it and this board seems very knowledgable with other Honda owners from posts that I have read.

I purchased my dream boat last December and currently have 41 hours on it. I was torn between the Honda or Suzuki but being that the coast gaurd and game wardens on the Texas coast choose honda for reliability swung my decision. Two trips ago it started fine at the ramp and once I got to one spot and made a drift I turned the key on waiting for the two beeps as always then fired up and it beeped me again instantly as I turned it over and the buzzer went off but no warning lights came on. I turned it off and started again and it beeped me once again and idled ragged. It did this for 4 or 5 more stops and then the buzzer went away at start up.

I didn't think anything more of it since it never ran wrong other than idling ruff once that day and the beep went away but today the wife, kid, and I went out and on the 2nd stop it beeped/buzzed me again. I cut it off and turned back on with the beep and put it on the trailer. I was running with a stiff breeze and it idled very ragged at start and all I smelt on the way back to ramp was gas. I am taking it into the shop Tuesday but wondering if anyone else has ran into this problem?

I am very pleased so far with the motors performance and the way it just sips gas at 4000 rpms cruising around 30 on a flats boat but end of the year I will be having a low water pick up installed because I can't run the motor jacked up on plane for long in the cat hull without the water pressure getting low or even jacked up at idle without the temp buzzer going off."

First time took 2 weeks to get

First time took 2 weeks to get back and the tank was drained cleaned and filters replaced a long with resetting computer. They charged me over 250 bucks for this just for me to pick it up and go out that afternoon and bring it back the next morning with the same thing happening. It took another 2 weeks of them swapping parts before finding the culprit. After swapping out the key panel everything went back to running right. I picked it up and it purred like a kitten at the ramp and ran fine on an outting. 6 months old and a month of it in the shop at this rate I sure am hoping the rumor of yamaha coming out with a 200 and 225 TRP is true in 2009.

Back