Logo

50hp evinrude

fishmanjeff

Contributing Member
i have 1975 50hp evinrude it w

i have 1975 50hp evinrude it wont start not gettin fuel it will start if in put some gas in carb but how do i check if the fuel pump is workin and if it is what would i check next! thanks

"To check your fuel pump, you

"To check your fuel pump, you disconnect the fuel line from right where it enters the carb. (fuel goes into your motor, goes into your fuel pump, then leaves your pump and runs to your carb(s)). You take the loose end, hopefully the line will have a few inches or a foot so you have some room to work with. Put a container under this loose end (the bigger the better). Attach your fuel line to your motor and primer the bulb.Right now you have your tank-->into your motor-->into your pump-->into your container.
Crank the motor a few times. (either electric or pull start doesn't matter). If a steady stream comes into your container then your pump has proper suction. Otherwise it's not working correctly. WARNING-- before you do this disconnect your plugs so your motor doesn't start by accident from any excess fuel in the carb.
Good Luck!"

Back