Logo

1985 115 VRO pump

younggunner85

Does anybody know a good suppl

Does anybody know a good supplier of a VRO pump for a good price cause i called my local parts supplier and they wanted $400. OR maybe is there way to put on a non VRO fuel pump and pre mix the gas and oil

"(VRO Pump Conversion To S

"(VRO Pump Conversion To Straight Fuel Pump)
(J. Reeves)

You can convert the VRO pump into a straight fuel pump, eliminating the oil tank and VRO pump warning system, but retain the overheat warning setup (and fuel restriction warning if so equipped) by doing the following:

1 - Cut and plug the oil line at the engine so that the oil side of the VRO pump will not draw air into its system. Trace the wires from the back of the VRO to its rubber plug (electrical plug) and disconnect it.

2 - Trace the two wires from the oil tank to the engine, disconnect those two wires, then remove them and the oil tank.

3 - Mix the 50/1 oil in the proper amount with whatever quantity fuel you have. Disconnect the fuel line at the engine. Pump the fuel primer bulb until fuel exits that hose with the tint of whatever oil you used. Reconnect the fuel hose.

That's it. If you want to test the heat warning system to ease your mind, have the key in the on position, then ground out the tan heat sensor wire that you'll find protruding from the cylinder head. The warning horn should sound off.

When time permits, visit my store at: http://stores.ebay.com/Evinrude-Johnson-Outboard-Parts-etc?refid=store"

There are repair kits availabl

There are repair kits available for the VRO units. Or if you want get a pump for an 83--- 90 / 115 / 140hp and mount it on the intake manifold.If you have the pump in hand it is obvious where it mounts.

All you need to do is go to --

All you need to do is go to -----shop.evinrude.com -----to find the repair kits. It is hard to find a 25 year old at the parts counter with 40 years experience.----REPAIR KITS ARE AVAILABLE!!!!! you need to tell these people that you know they are.

"Joe,
Thanks for posting the

"Joe,
Thanks for posting the instructions.
There is pre-mix conversion kit sold, part number 5007422 but it's not cheap...

ikia visitor,
Can you post a part number for the VRO rebuild kit?"

I looked into the premix pump

I looked into the premix pump and i think it could work has anybody ever converted there vro to a premix system before. It would save me about a $100 and i would be really interested in doing that.

There is a $50.00 pump ( f

There is a $50.00 pump ( for 1983 115HP ) that bolts onto the block.Simple / reliable / easy to do.You will see the spot where it mounts with two screws. You need to take the plug out.

I have been premixing the fuel

I have been premixing the fuel in this boat for a little while. I recieved the boat from my grandfather who had it converted by a mechanic. Just recently it started acting up in the water like cutting out at full throttle and progressevly getting worse a less fuel is in the tank. I read a repair book and talk to some local boat shops and they all say it leads to the fuel pump. Im just trying to find the cheapest way to fix it without buying a whole new vro pump. I think im going to go the route that ikia suggested and put that older style pump on it and see what happens.

sounds like you might be picki

sounds like you might be picking up water if like you said the lower the fuel tank is the worst it gets do you have a water seperator installed on boat if so change filter and see if old one has water in it. this happen to my son's boat last year after being in storage for winter

Back