Logo

Temperature gauge amp Temperature switch on 90 johnson

gjackman

"Hello again, I have a '93

"Hello again, I have a '93 johnson 90 VRO2, I would like to install a temp gauge in my dash but can't seem to find a spot to install or mount a sending unit on the engine block or head. Does anyone know where or have a suggestion as to where I can install a sending unit.
Also I was testing my alarm horns and also read in the manual to test the Engine Temperature Switches once a year. The manual said to unscrew the switch cover from the cylinder head and remove the switch. My engine does not have the cover they are showing in the manual and when I gave a pull on the wire to the witch it did not come out and I am afraid to pull to hard. I will try and attach a picture of my engine showing the head and switch.
Does anyone know how this switch comes out."

"It would be quite unusual for

"It would be quite unusual for the overheat warning sensors (temp switches) to fail. To remove those sensors, it would be necessary to remove the cylinder head water jacket cover first as that cover prevents the sensor from moving outwards.

On your model, I'd suggest that you ignore that portion of whatever manual you have. I'd also suggest that you obtain a specific service manual, a manual for that model engine alone... 2nd icon at top of this page."

"Thanks Joe, I do have the ori

"Thanks Joe, I do have the original manual for this motor but it's in rough shape. It does talk about testing the warning horn anually but nothing about removing the temp switch.
That was mentioned in my larger manual witch covers a variety of HP sizes for 91-94 model years.
Thanks again."

"Joe, I forgot to ask about th

"Joe, I forgot to ask about the sending unit or sensor location for a temp gauge.
Any suggestions?"

Does anyone have a suggestion

Does anyone have a suggestion where i can install a temp sensor on my '93 johnson 90hp for a temp gauge.

Back