Logo

Steering is frozen

clint3240

"my steering is frozen but bef

"my steering is frozen but before i just had some1 help me work it back and forth by pushing outdrive and turning wheel and would work great all day and then sit for a week and now its back...any ideas? i put 6-56 on the piston there but that didnt do much, i dont have anyone to give me a hand with it right now so im just trying to figure out what the problem is and fix it for good. thanks"

You likely have a bad PS pump

You likely have a bad PS pump or a bad steering assist cylinder. Did you check the steering fluid?

Rod

"i was also told it could be t

"i was also told it could be the tube that the cable hooks up to, it will sometimes grab if tis corroded"

"cant do a thing, its like its

"cant do a thing, its like its locked free play for about an inch in either direction, i was able to make the outdrive kinda jump side to side..understand? now its just frozen but i had it in the water and it was smooth"

Is the steering ram connection

Is the steering ram connection to the OD steering arm rusted or free? Pump any lube into the pivot pins zerk fittings on the OD lately?

Disconnect the steeringram and see if you can freely move the OD left and right. If it moves then your ram is defective. If it still won't move then the pivot pins are frozen w/corrosion from not being lubed.

Back