Logo

Mariner 75 Hp What year built

woodfan

Mariner 75 HP. What year was i

Mariner 75 HP. What year was it built. Ser # 0D096787. And is there any known problems with this year. Which manual will I need and where do I purchase it. This motor has not been in the water in three years but starts and spits water with a hose attached.

I'm new to this site but I love it already.

Ron

Can someone tell me what year

Can someone tell me what year model it is . Mariner 75 h.p. 3B110483

"James, are you sure about the

"James, are you sure about the "3B" part - that doesn't look like a Merc/Mariner serial number..."

"Ron, nice motor - same powerh

"Ron, nice motor - same powerhead as the 90 (which is still in production).

I would change the impeller, gear oil and plugs. The Selocs manual for 3 cylinder Merc's will cover your motor and give you all the maint info you need...."

"Ok, that's an 86 Mercury

"Ok, that's an 86 Mercury built Mariner - same model as the 90 horse so most parts are interchangeable (except the carbs). The 90 is still in production, so Merc stocks just about everything for these although I believe they increased the displacement on the powerhead during the 90's - but the compenents still fit...."

Man I sure do appreciate the h

Man I sure do appreciate the help . It is very hard to get the right parts if you dont know the year . Are they a good engine . It has been sitting up for a year and a half when I bought it

Wow what a response. And I&#39

Wow what a response. And I'm very grateful to those that did respond. The ser# is most definetly 0D096787. I will take your advice and hope that I may help someone else in the future.

Ron

Back