Logo

Where do we get discountedwholesale parts

scottalan

" does anyone know of a good s

" does anyone know of a good source of outboard motor parts...i am doing a lot more "part time" rebuild and repair work, but i have to pass on to my customers huge parts costs by buying retail locally...i am in central texas, waco... i have heard of a company in houston who sells wholesale...an one in dallas...but have had little luck finding who they are...anyone know of a good, reasonable wholesaler... "

" Scott, Napa auto parts store

" Scott, Napa auto parts stores can get you many common marine repair parts. Their parts are actually made by a company called Sierra. But I have found Napa to be very convienient and fast. If you ask nicely they may give you their fat catalog for free. Or you may try finding Sierra on the net. I seem to have lost their web address.
Jeffery. "

" Jeffery,
through that si

" Jeffery,
through that sierra connection i managed, quite by accident, to come across boatfix.com
and after having just checked out their prices i think i may have found a pretty good site...wish i'd have found them a long time ago...nothing like finding out you paid about 200% more than you needed to...locally the dealers have you...and they know it...
i appreciate the help...just maybe we can all hunt around an find the most bang for our bucks...
thanks... "

" My local parts store also se

" My local parts store also sells Sierra parts. Thru them I'm paying about $5 per ring when doing ring jobs on outboards. Water pump kits seem to be running $18 - $25. I've never bought from a dealer since only in the past few months did I start building outboards, out of necessity. I don't know if these are good prices or not... but I did compare piston w/ ring cost on my 3 cyl Mercury 700 (c 1978)... westwood auto parts $103, local boat dealers $143. Is this what you guys are finding..roughly ... on prices? "

Back