Logo

Kill Switch

N

Nelson Fletcher

I have a 20 hp mariner a701409

I have a 20 hp mariner a701409 and I have spark issues the question is when I disconnect the blk/ylw kill wire and do a continuity test from it to ground I get nothing with button pushed or not but I also dont get spark when its disconnected when it was running a couple of days ago kill worked fine any ideas?

"Nelson, with the kill disconn

"Nelson, with the kill disconnected and still getting no spark (on either cylinder) - that indicates that your problem lies elsewhere.

No spark on either plug could be bad stator, bad trigger (more common) or bad switchbox (another likely candidate) - that is assuming that all your ignition wire connections are in decent shape...."

"Ohmed out the stator and trig

"Ohmed out the stator and trigger are goos so it looks like the switch box is the candidate, I also noticed the blk/ylw from the switchbox this morning had continuity to ground as the day warmed up it does not now, so thats likely the thing, switchbox is done :-("

Now when I ohm it out today I

Now when I ohm it out today I get nothing from the trigger wtf?

"when you ohm it out it must b

"when you ohm it out it must be disconnected, wiggle the wires when you do to look for a broken lead. The stator usually either works or it doesn't. pull flywheel for a look"

Back