Hello

I have a problem wit

Hello

I have a problem with a 1971 85Hp Chrysler model#857HC
I want to put in a new water pump kit. The one I took out
It looks like they had to drill out the back plate and the housing
To get it to fit one of bolt holes don? line up. I bought a new kit
And it looks like I?l have to do the same. The dealer said this is
The only kit for that year and model. It? a two piece gear case.
I would like to put the right one in is the dealer right or what?
The only number on the gear case is 85554-4

Thanks Lewis

I forgot the kit they sold me

I forgot the kit they sold me was
Quicksilver FK 1033-1

"Hi Lewis,, In response to you

"Hi Lewis,, In response to your question about the water pump wear(back) plate,, Trace the piece on paper,scan it, put it on this message board, someone will be able to tell you if this is the correct part for your motor. Let me know how you make out. John"

I can e-mail pics if anybody

I can e-mail pics if anybody wants them.
where's the Chrysler Boy's when you need them?
How many differant pump kits are there for this
year and model?

"Lewis,

You could post the

"Lewis,

You could post the pics here which might make it easier for someone to help...
If you want you can email them to me and I will post them here for you.

Regards,
Andrew Menkart
"

"Here is a picture supplied by

"Here is a picture supplied by Lewis...

He says: <BLOCKQUOTE><HR SIZE=0><!-Quote-!><FONT SIZE=1>Quote:</FONT>

as you see one hole does not line up
they said this is the only pump kit for this motor<!-/Quote-!><HR SIZE=0></BLOCKQUOTE>

"

"Lewis.... Chryslers are not m

"Lewis.... Chryslers are not my line of expertise, but from what you've had to say in your first message (old plate & hsg looks drilled out), then looking at the picture you sent Andrew, I would suspect that at some point in the past someone has attempted to remove the water pump bolt and had it break off. The next step would be to center punch the remaining "stud" and drill it out, then re-tap the hole. At times, one gets lucky and all goes well.... however many times the drill drifts slightly off center, resulting in what you have existing with your pump mounting holes. Unfortunately, if this is the case, you have no choice but to "modify" your new plate and housing. Whatever the case, I wish you luck.

Joe
"

" I have recently aquired a 22

" I have recently aquired a 22ft fibre glass fast fishing boat and a Mercury 80 approx 1982ish. The boat has a flush transom ( no well )and needs a mounting bracket.The engine is trim and tilt seperate power unit. Where can I find a second hand good mounting hanger, can one be made? local dealers are scaring me stiff with tales of stainless mounts costing $700.I want to go fishing not incinerating money....... can anyone help? Dave London England "

Back