Logo

Yamaha outboard trouble

marc

I have 9.9 HP outboard that ru

I have 9.9 HP outboard that runs fine in N but we I place load on engine in either F or R the engine starts to bog and sputter and as I increase load the engine quits/dies. I think it might be carb. Can anyone suggest a cleaner to solution to this issue?

"You need to do the basics.Com

"You need to do the basics.Compression , strong spark. You also need to run fuel out of the carburetor any time it is put away for any length of time.Checked valve clearance lately??"

"I have a 40 HP outboard motor

"I have a 40 HP outboard motor (40ETLJ 1985). Never had any trouble with it, but today, after running very well for 10 minutes, it suddenly stopped. I could start it at full choke but it stopped after a few seconds of running. Electrical and ignition look fine. I suspect gas problem. Any advice?
Thanks"

Yamaha 15 outboard. The engine

Yamaha 15 outboard. The engine block is frozen.Any suggestions how to solve this? Please answer to email address since I am not registered here sv_sundreamer@ yahoo.com
Thanks

I OWN A 100 4 STROKE YAMAHA AN

I OWN A 100 4 STROKE YAMAHA AND I LOVE IT. I HAVE HAD IT FOR FOUR YEARS AND NEVER A PROBLEM. MOTHERS DAY WE WENT OUT IN IT FOR ABOUT A MILE. THE TACH DEPTH FINDER FUEL GUAGE WENT OUT AND IT STARTED MISSING. WE TURNED AROUND MADE IT BACK HOME AND WENT BACK UP TO THE HOUSE. THE NEXT DAY I WENT DOWN WITH MY TESTLIGHT AND FOUND A BLOWN 30 AMP. FUSE. I PUT IN THE SPARE AND EVERYTHING STARTED WORKING. I CRANKED THE MOTOR AND TURNED IT OFF AND THE SWITCH BACK ON. I WENT BACK TO THE MOTOR TO FIND WIRED SMOKING AND BLOWED THE FUSE AGAIN. ANY IDEAS

Back