Logo

2000 Yamaha 30HP 3 cylinder 2 stroke Oil Injected

coco

Anyone wise me up about the Pr

Anyone wise me up about the Pro's & Cons of blanking off or removing the oil injector on this animal and going premix
Just bought it on the weekend but it appears to be blowing just too much smoke across the working range.
Never had an oil injected model B4 so would be pleased to get any info regarding the adjustments available to me for oil metering with this model.
Recomendations please.
Also would like a point in the right direction to buy appropriate repair/service manuals either book CD DVD or whatever.
Cheers Guys Coco

"Coco,

You can adjust the o

"Coco,

You can adjust the oil mix by changing the length of the rod which connects the throttle linkage to the oil pump. When the throttle is in the idle position there is a line on the oil pump body that must line up with a line on the lever that controls the oil flow. If there are two lines on the lever use the one on the left for this adjustment.

If the pump is working I would advise you to stick with the automatic oil mix. This provides a varying oil mix which is far better that a constant 50:1 ratio. With proper winterizing the driven gear will not give you ary trouble. The pump could last forever.

Tony"

i agree keep the system adj yo

i agree keep the system adj your link rod 1mm gap.with a properly tuned motor operating at correct TEMP. it should not smoke you out 50:1 will be much worse

"Many thanks Tony & Likewi

"Many thanks Tony & Likewise to your good self Shawn.
Your advice is Greatly appreciated. I have competently rebuily my own Mercs for outside fishing for many years but have never before owned anything other than Mercs. I recently bought a boat with a 76 evinrude on it, bad move- subsequently bought the Yammy as it looked real good at the right price. Only thing was she was smokey & I knew nada about Yammy's. Will let You know how i get on.
Thanks again!! Coco from Australia"

"2000 Yamaha 30HP 3 cylinder 2

"2000 Yamaha 30HP 3 cylinder 2 stroke
Can anyone help with an electronic repair manual that would suit the above motor, I simply cannot afford the price of Seloc manuals and the like.
I'm willing to pay a reasonable price for a manual in pdf format or similar.
Can anyone out there help.
sad.gif
"

"Thanks again Shawn, Never had

"Thanks again Shawn, Never had anything but Mercs before and usually do All my own work so I know I'm gunna need the manual @ some time.
She's blowing too much smoke considering the condition of motor so I need specific instructions / warnings about adjusting the output of the little oil injector pump & getting it right."

Back