Logo

Installing a kill switch for johnson 70 vro

bassman118

"i have a johnson 70 vro late

"i have a johnson 70 vro late 80's i think, and i was wondering if anyone here has installed a kill switch on theirs and how did they do it?"

the original control box has a

the original control box has a kill switch.See your dealer for a kit if you do not have the proper box.

"a kill switch ,man over board

"a kill switch ,man over board switch .safty lanyard ..ect. is usually standard equiptment on controll boxes and tillers in 80s it is incorperated in ignition switch red or black u shaped clip should plug onto end of switch"

"Bassman,

A kill switch is

"Bassman,

A kill switch is wired into the stop circuit. These engines turn off by grounding the power pack or trigger. Whichever one your engine uses, the wire that does the grounding is black with a yellow stripe.

If you examine the ignition switch, you will find a wire like the one I described on one of the "M" terminals. When the switch is in the off position, this terminal and the other "M" terminal are continuous, and the wire is grounded through the black wire that is connected to the other "M" terminal.

If you want to install a kill switch you would attatch one wire to the same terminal as the black and yellow wire, and the other wire to a source of ground. You could use the same terminal that the black ground wire is connected to if you want.

Tony"

Back