Logo

Motor guide motor issue

zebbman

Contributing Member
I realize this is an outboard

I realize this is an outboard group but i cant find one for trolling motors so i thought i wouold try anyway. for some reason when my motorguide motor is on constant it pulls hard left instead of going straight. anyone have any knowledge of this problem i would greatly appreciate it

This occurs on regular outboar

This occurs on regular outboard machines too. It has to do with the rotational direction of the propeller. I have an adjustable trim tab above the propeller that can be set for neutral behaviour. Maybe you have one too?
Robert

"On most motors, there is a fr

"On most motors, there is a friction or co-pilot adjustment that prevents the motor from swivelling too easily. It appears that yours has loosened."

"Since we have no idea what ye

"Since we have no idea what year or model your motor is and we can't see it, we can't be of much help. As was pointed out though, find the tension adjustment and tighten it. If you can't figure this out, call MotorGuide customer service (visit their web site for phone numbers)."

"I have a 743V Motorguide &#40

"I have a 743V Motorguide (12 volt, 43 lb. thrust). It died! What MotorGuide will fit in my bow mount. Since this seems to be an older motor.THANX!"

Back