Logo

Tomos 18HP

R

Ricardo Page

"Hi,
I've got a Tomos 18H

"Hi,
I've got a Tomos 18HP but have no written information about it. Furthermore,the start gear is broken and I have to start from the flywheel. I would like to get the spare part and general info about the engine. Please, help me on these issues."

"Tomos outboards were built by

"Tomos outboards were built by a rather large moped manufacturer in Yugoslavia -- from the mid-60s to the early 90s. The civil war Yugoslavia went through in the 90s killed outboard production.

In the late 80s Tomos exported the outboards worldwide. While the design was decent, quality was weak. Since production ceased over 10 years ago, no parts are available. You may have some luck scavenging ignition parts from a Tomos moped, but that's about it.

If you own a Tomos outboard and it doesn't work, you have two choices:

1) Make your own part or find a similar part off another device to take its place.
2) Find another broken Tomos outboard and hope the parts you need are still operable.

If you really want to do battle with the language and bureaucratic issues you can write them at:

Tomos Kopar
Smarska Cestta 4
6000 Koper, Slovenia
Phone 0038656684442"

"I have a Tomos 9.9 hp outboar

"I have a Tomos 9.9 hp outboard motor that works great, however the nylon starter gear and the nylon shaft the rope winds up on are broken. It is the same as the 18 hp. I wonder if someone still has a box of old parts."

"I know there's a Tomos de

"I know there's a Tomos dealer in Holland. He has every part in stock, new and/or used. He says the only part he can't supply is the fuel tank of the old air-cooled motors. Contact him at [email protected] or have a look at www.botraboerboom.nl (only in Dutch). I don't know if this guy is willing to ship overseas."

"I was the UK main dealer for

"I was the UK main dealer for Tomos Outboards for 20 years and have every single part in stock, even original user manuals. Email me at [email protected] with your requirements."

"I was the UK main dealer for

"I was the UK main dealer for Tomos Outboards for 20 years and have every single part in stock, even original user manuals. Email me at [email protected] with your requirements."

I have a Tomos 18 which is run

I have a Tomos 18 which is running well. Unfortunately it needs an impeller pump but the rest of the engine is in pristine condition and I have had it recently serviced. I am selling it for £275.00 ono. Contact jamie on 07724777258

"I have an 18hp tomos that I n

"I have an 18hp tomos that I need parts for. Need: plastic start gear and pinion gear for lower unit. Any ideas where i might find them, Thanks Bill"

"Hello!
I'm from former Y

"Hello!
I'm from former Yugoslavia, land in which TOMOS outboards were produced. If You do need contats for spare parts i can help You. I'm also owner of T-18 E start and it runs great fot over 15 years.
Best regards,
Dusan www.artphoto.co.yu"

Every TOMOS outboard needs 2%

Every TOMOS outboard needs 2% mixture of outboard oil or 4% other two stroke olis.

"Am looking for contacts for T

"Am looking for contacts for Tomos 18 parts. The last contact I had we had trouble with language barrier. They didn't speak English, and I don't speak German. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Bill [email protected]"

"As i can see, many of you hav

"As i can see, many of you have a problem about Tomos spare parts. In Croatia i found a repair service, where they still have most of parts available, but they distribute it only in Croatia. A language is also a problem as they speek only croatian. From their page you can download technical and spare parts cataloge, and price list of parts. Link http://www.tomos-autousluga.hr/index.php?lang=cro&menu=4.0}"

I have a Tomos-Koper outboard

I have a Tomos-Koper outboard engine. serial number 305749 T4N. I would appreciate any information on it??

i believe tomos outboards are

i believe tomos outboards are now called aps outboards i tracked them down in Ontario Canada and maybe they can get parts for them or a least get past the language barrier and get parts from koper google tomos Canada

Re: "Hi,
I've got a Tomos 18H

Hi,
I've got a Tomos 9.9 hp outboard engine, engine runs nice pumps water goes into gears okay, selling this engine for spares, as I have acquired a large engine.
Needs new float in carburettor that the only thing it needs. I am selling for 200.00 for complete engine. our Mob No, if interested is 07970957603

Back