Logo

50GI Volvo Penta Fuel Pressure

1filletnfool

"Been sitting for 1-1/2yr, Tre

"Been sitting for 1-1/2yr, Treated Gas, Flushed lines and polished tank, fuel pumps work, kicks over and starts but quickly stalls out. "No Fuel Pressure" inline tank. How to charge system? Any reccomendations out there. Thanks in Advance..."

"What do you mean by "no f

"What do you mean by "no fuel pressure inline tank"?

You may need to prime the pump. It could be air bound You can do this by connecting a fuel primer bulb between the tank and pump. Pump the bulb until it is hard, then remove it and reconnect your fuel line.

Also ensure that your pump is receiving power. Most systems use an oil pressure sensor that cuts power when there is no pressure."

"0077CJ-From the fuel filter t

"0077CJ-From the fuel filter to the I believe to be called tank #21, there is 1 air inlet on the body of the tank and 1 air inlet from there to the carberator stainless line. There is power to both of the fuel pumps. But does not stay on. Starts with fluid of course-but don't want to burn out. Thanks Again
168806.gif
Fuel System Diagram

"You may need to pull the Vapo

"You may need to pull the Vapor Seperator Tank, open it up and check for water and other contaminates. I've seen the bottom of these tanks corrode through and allow water to enter the tank. While the tank is out, clean the high pressure pump inlet screen."

Which # is the Vapor seperator

Which # is the Vapor seperator tank? 21- Are you supposed to charge the fuel system for steady feed. The air inlets on the system are for?

"Yes the Vapor Seperator Tank

"Yes the Vapor Seperator Tank (VST) is #21 in the diagram and the top for the tank is #26. Remove the top and look inside. The high pressure pump is #20.

I'm not sure what you mean by air inlets, there is a shrader valve on the fuel line that goes from the VST to the throttle body, that is to allow connection of a fuel pressure gauge."

Back