Logo

04 DF90 Check Eng23 or 32 code

S

Steve Caylor

"My 2004 DF90 with close to 60

"My 2004 DF90 with close to 600 hours on it recently started having an issue. Here's a 24 hour example:

-Yesterday, ran the motor with bunny-ears and no problems. Started fine, ran fine, no issue at all.

-Today, drop the boat in the water, and within a few minutes of idling around, the engine dies. Has a hard time starting back up, but eventually does. Check eng lt starts flashing 3-2, 3-2, etc with a single beep with each 3-2 flash.

-Get it running and go about 4 miles. Hit a no wake zone, and a few minutes later the eng dies. Again, after several tries, it eventually starts, although I have to nurse it and keep it above idle.

-Get to the fishing spot, kill the eng and anchor up. About an hour later, just to see what would happen, the eng starts up no problem.

-Another hour later, it starts with no problem, and we head for the dock.

-Get to the dock, keep it a tad above idle to keep it from dying, and the eng dies as I go to idle with the boat on the trailer.

-Get home, but the bunny-ears back on, and it starts with no problem, and no check eng light or beeps.

What the heck might the problem be?"

"Took the rig out again today,

"Took the rig out again today, and more of the same.

It's odd.....in the water, it idles rough and dies either eventually or right away. But on the trailer hooked up with bunny-ears it idles fine. Not sure if that's more coincidence, or a symptom."

"Thanks!

You know, it appea

"Thanks!

You know, it appears you're a one-man answering service on this site. The amount of help you're providing to folks is incredible!

On behalf of myself and everyone else, thank you for the time you take to help others. It's truely a selfless thing you're doing!!"

Back