Logo

Clinton 5 hp

marty_carroll

I just received a 5 hp k500310

I just received a 5 hp k5003108c made by clinton engines corp. The problem is no spark . how do you remove the cover to the coil wire.I removed the bolts and sprayed the shaft with wd40 but was afraid to applied to much pressure to the cover

Might be a little seized from

Might be a little seized from sitting - a flywheel puller or even a steering wheel puller (if it will fit) will make the job easy.

Just don't try to "pry it" off. It needs equal pressure on both sides or you could break something...

tap it gently with a piece of

tap it gently with a piece of wood and a mallet and it should losen from the key way and pop up. tap it on the flywheel nut.

Thanks for the tips .I removed

Thanks for the tips .I removed the flywheel and cleaned it and checked the spark plug wire seems to be ok .Checked the coil with a ohm meter I have continuity. Put everything back together and still no spark.Where can I buy a condenser and coil if needed.I'll start with the condenser first.

I HAVE A CLINTON 5HP MOTOR I H

I HAVE A CLINTON 5HP MOTOR I HAVE GOOD SPARK BUT SHE WON'T TURN OVER. SPARK PLUG IS GETTING WET TO MUCH FUEL . WHAT WOULD THE SETTINGS BE ON THE CARB. 3 SET SCREWS ONE ON TOP ONE ON THE SIDE AND ONE ON THE BOTTOM OF THE BOWL PLEASE HELP

Back