Logo

Manual

yeoman100

"just a quick one, does the se

"just a quick one, does the seloc manual 3200 for 1964-91 Stern Drives cover Alpha Gen II?

Thanks"

"Actually, the answer to that

"Actually, the answer to that question is yes, the SELOC manual covers early MR units, Alpha 1, and Alpha One Gen II

I know because I have this manual (both a printed version for the boat, and an online version for convenient searching)"

"I must be a tard, I clicked o

"I must be a tard, I clicked on his link and I only get the first 9 pages, and can't figure out if they're selling that manual or not. It's not in their list of manuals, they seem to sell all the SELOC manuals.

You may be right, Bondo's reference is probably better but the SELOC manual is pretty nice.. searchable, and you don't have to wait for them to ship it
"

"click on the box "sterndr

"click on the box "sterndrive units"
that takes you to a sub chapter,
click on the specific area"

"[b]"but the SELOC manual

""but the SELOC manual is pretty nice.. searchable, and you don't have to wait for them to ship it"

Ayuh,.....
Both Seloc,+ Clymer are better than Nothing,.....
But Not Much.....
They try to cover Too many motors,+ drives,...
Which leads to a Useless Incompleteness.....

The link I gave you will lead you to All the available Factory Manuals that are Online.....
You just have to figure out How to navigate thru pdfs......"

"Bondo:

Did you get your bo

"Bondo:

Did you get your boat wet yet? I am going fishing in the morning. Walleye, perch and crappie are running all over the reservior. It'll be that way for about 3 more weeks and then it will slow down.

I was out last Wed. w/30 mph wind gusts, 3' rollers w/whitecaps and was catching fish while taking water over the bow. The rough water turns on the walleyes as they chase baitfish in the roil along the bank.

There just happened to be three well nourished fellas in a small (about 15') bassboat passed me 30' on my starboard as I trolled into the high wind and waves. I had to laugh; a moment later they nosedived into a roller that stopped their boat on a dime and it darn near swamped them. It just proves that you can't run into the waves w/too many anchors on board.
sun.gif
"

"I have just began this year w

"I have just began this year working on my drive unit. I went to the above site and downloaded the manual that pertains to my drive to my laptop which always goes to the garage with me. It took about 1/2 hour as youe have to download chapter by chapter and put it in some order that makes sense in a folder. I just renamed all chapters as to what they were in the index. I don't know about you but 0111229-lio.pdf means nothing to me when I want info.
Anyway, with the help of all the people on this site and this manual, it makes doing this work almost fun.
It is well worth the time to get your manual this way as you never know when Merc will pull them off of the site.

Latter,
Jeff"

"Bummer, Manual #6 doesn't

"Bummer, Manual #6 doesn't seem to be available online except for the index.

If you go to page 7, move your cursor over the specific section, you'll see the cursor change to a hand, left click."

"Rick,
If you would like I co

"Rick,
If you would like I could e-mail you the manual #6 as attachments as I have them named. I may take a couple of e-mails and eat up your in box until you open and save them. Just a thought. Let me know.

Jeff"

Back