Logo

Honda 50 fuel in crankcase oil

pescadito

"At first I thought it was the

"At first I thought it was the thermostat as this happened a few years back...replaced this, as it was indeed stuck open, but developed the same symptoms-fuel in the crankcase oil.

It ran fine for a day, then only at slow speed, as i limped home. Now I could sure use some advice on the proper diagnosis.

What could be the other causes for fuel in the crankcase oil?

Any advice would be much appreciated !"

I am having the same problem w

I am having the same problem with my bf8 I discovered the pcv was picking up the oil and gas mix from the crankcase and shooting it back into the intake causing the plugs to get wet with the mix. I took it apart and the pcv reed valve was rusted and possably not working properly. Just ordred the parts to replace ill let you know what happens. I know this does not explain the gas in the oil to start with. I was wondering if the fuel pump could be leaking into the valve cover. Does yours run fine then start smoking right before the plugs get wet? B

"I changed the plugs and they

"I changed the plugs and they looked fine, though there is some white smoke at idle. This was ocurring before I had fuel in the oil.

Now it filled up the dipstick in one day. Wondered where I should start. Could clogged jets cause the problem? Stuck float? Just not sure where to begin..."

Check the fuel pump and check

Check the fuel pump and check the carburetor floats.Run fuel out of the engine when you take boat out of water.

Find the pump and if it has a

Find the pump and if it has a rupured diaphragm it may leak fuel into the oil.Remove pump from the mount and operate primer ball to see what happens.

Took a look at fuel pump and n

Took a look at fuel pump and not the problem. No fuel came out when I primed it with the bulb. Just wondering what carburetor problems could cause fuel in the oil ?

"so if it is the fuel pump....

"so if it is the fuel pump....when i take the pump off and prime the bulb, fuel should come out, if it is faulty, yes?"

Do you think I need try to rep

Do you think I need try to replace the whole pump or start with just the diaphragm ? Can something go wrong with them other than the diaphragm? I'm a commercial fisherman and am trying not to have too much downtime ! Thank you kindly for your advice !

Back