Logo

Tamd 75p 480hp Antifreeze leak cant find

B

Bobby Pette

I have a pair of 2004 480hp 75

I have a pair of 2004 480hp 75p's and the port engine is leaking a small amount of antifreeze into the bildge after running cant find where its coming from any help???

"Check circulation pump weep h

"Check circulation pump weep hole. Check inboard side of exhaust manifold at turbo. Among other spots at seals,etc on engine."

"I have a 2003 with the same e

"I have a 2003 with the same engines. My port engine has leaked oil out the filler/vent cap on the top and dip stick since new and Volvo can not figure out how to fix it. My Bosch fuel injector has failed countless times, error code 2.2 and has been rebuilt 4 times. Have you ever had simular problems ?"

""I have a pair of 2004 48

""I have a pair of 2004 480hp 75p's and the port engine is leaking a small amount of antifreeze into the bildge after running cant find where its coming from any help???"

I believe I read somewhere about a product that can be added to engine coolant that glows under "black light". If you can find this product and a black light, it should be relatively easy to find the leak."

Re: I have a pair of 2004 480hp 75

I have a pair of 2004 480hp 75p's and the port engine is leaking a small amount of antifreeze into the bildge after running cant find where its coming from any help???
I have the same on my engine and it come from a tube that goes in to an oil cooler

Re: ""I have a pair of 2004 48

"I believe I read somewhere about a product that can be added to engine coolant that glows under "black light". If you can find this product and a black light, it should be relatively easy to find the leak."

Search for A/C dye kits. Most can be used in coolant, oil and ac systems.

Re: I have a pair of 2004 480hp 75

I have the same on my engine and it come from a tube that goes in to an oil cooler

What was the resolution to your leak. I have a similar leak as described originally and my mechanic thinks the exhaust manifold has a crack. I just can not believe it,s a cracked manifold.

Back