Logo

DF115 Tiller steering tension adjustment

vaneeck

"Ok really simple question whi

"Ok really simple question which is not in the manual, and not apparent on the motor - I have a df115 tiller motor how do I adjust the steering tension? I tried turning a knurled round knob which is on the right side of the motor as I faced backward in the boat and that does not seem to do it. I looked for levers, bolts ect.. I can't find it - Help!!1"

"Thanks for the brownspoint si

"Thanks for the brownspoint site, it looks like a great place to get parts. But my problem is I do not know what kind of system there is for adjusting the tension on a tiller like the df115. They have a steering damper assembly but it's $1400 I don't know that mine is bad I just don't know where or what to adjust, once I figure out what part to adjust then I might know whether it needs replacing."

"Thanks I guess I'll see

"Thanks I guess I'll see if anyone else here actually knows and might offer some help to a fisherman, otherwise I'll have to ask someone who knows. I don't really want to order a repair manual, I don't understand why its not in my owners manual not all trollers want the tension for steering set at the same level so there must be an adjustment."

"call and ask them
sometimes

"call and ask them
sometimes on here
151027.jpg
"

Back