Logo

Oilgas mixture for 75 hp Evinrude

J

Jack-Durham

"I recently purchased a boat t

"I recently purchased a boat that came with an old "50's" vintage Evinrude 7.5 hp motor, two stroke motor. It has the pressurized gas can with it. Would anyone be able to provide the correct ratio of oil:gas for me. The previous owner of the boat has moved and I can not locate him. Any help is appreciated. Jack-Durham"

I have a 1958 Evinrude Fleetwi

I have a 1958 Evinrude Fleetwin 7.5 hp with the pressurized gas tank just like you describe. The under cover label says mix 1 pint 2-cycle oil to 1 gal. gas

"When these motors were new, t

"When these motors were new, they were meant to run on Gasoline mixed with SAE 30 automotive motor oil at a ratio of 16 parts gasoline to 1 part oil. This is a 1/2 pint(8 ounces) per gallon ratio. My understanding is that todays modern outboard oils (TCW3) are so much better than the motor oils of 50 years ago, that you can run these old motors at 32 to 1 without any problems. This is 1/4 pint(4 ounces)per gallon. Because the metals and bearings used 50 years ago were not as durable as those used today and the fact that the motor has 50 years of wear, I would be reluctant to use a 50 to 1 mix."

Bob is saying what most of the

Bob is saying what most of the authorities on this subject agree with. I run about 30 - 1 with the the oils.

Back