Logo

Volvo Penta MS gear box 1911 ratio

drydock

"If anybody has one for sale,

"If anybody has one for sale, I am looking for an MS gearbox to fit behind my Volvo penta md17c
3 cylinder diesel. The ser. Number on the box is: 77629 x If this helps. (No forward gear clutch material.) Or,where does one have new material put into these gears?"

"Gordon: I don't know if t

"Gordon: I don't know if this will help you in finding a gearbox but I was able to source an exhaust manifold for my MD17C from this phone number, it is 1-415-453-1001. As they (the cone clutches) are a consumable item they will most likely have to be replaced. I ran into the same problem that you have and opted out for a complete engine replacement. I went with the Volvo D2-40 with 8 degree down angle trans for my application."

"I have just replaced the inje

"I have just replaced the injector on my MD1B
and now find that the inside of my Air cleaner is disintegrating and needs to be replaced. It is a sealed unit and can not be repaired.
Has any one got any suggestions. I have been quoted AU$315 for a new one, or $135 for a secondhand one and that is too steep for me.
I am also interested to know what is considered to be the best engine oil for an MD1B.
Regards
Richard"

"RiChard Court,

You should

"RiChard Court,

You should start your own topic with an appropriate title,
thumbs_up.gif
not hijack someone else's
thumbs_down.gif

It is not likely to be seen under a heading referring to MS gear boxes anyway.
snow.gif
"

Back