Logo

HELP Need to replace trailer tires

glenn_w

"I have done so much "net

"I have done so much "net research" that I'm going batty. Thought I had the answer with Good Year Marathons but then I found a "boat load" (excuse the pun) of posts about how bad they are. Currently have Towmasters that were on it when I got it, lots of bad posts on those as well. My boat and trailer weigh in the 4,500 lb range, trailer is liscensed at 6K, tires are only 13" and Shorland'r says 14's won't fit. I run about 200 miles round trip a couple time a month. Any help is appreciated, let me know your experience. It seems a good trailer tire doesn't exist."

"[b]"It seems a good trail

""It seems a good trailer tire doesn't exist."

Ayuh,......

I'd sooner think that there's a 'ell of abunch of folks who Don't check their Tire Air Pressures,+ Blame it on Bad tires....."

"You may be right Bondo. All t

"You may be right Bondo. All the reviews are either really good or really bad, not much in between. The Towmasters that are on there now have served me well, so I guess I'll stick with them. May try the radials this time though. Thanks for the replys."

"Bought D range tires. Took th

"Bought D range tires. Took the boat/trailer to the neighborhood scales and found the weight to be 5,850. Why do manufacturers build everything to the minimum. I know that they try to save every nickle, but wouldn't the liability scare them. I will be finding a way to put 14" tires on this rig by next year. It's no wonder that my tires wore funny, they were overloaded ALL the time."

Back