Logo

SimpsonSears

canadabassman

"I have an old Simpson Sears m

"I have an old Simpson Sears motor modelc574 60007 and was wondering if anyone had any info on the hp and year? Also the gentleman I bought it from said it ran great but hasn't ran it in 3 yrs.... Clean the carb, new plug and gas?? Also what mixture/ Thanks,

Dale"

"Dale, can't find a listin

"Dale, can't find a listing for your motor. It's a typical strange Canadian motor

The 574 tells me that it was built by McCulloch (more famous for chainsaws), however, my listings tell me that they never built motors for Sears Canada (although they built a line for US stores). But, the model doesn't fit the US model numbers. It is very close to a series of 3.6 horse motors built in the early 1960's but can't say for sure.

In any event, it is safe to run it mixed at 24:1 using regular 2 cycle motor oil such as used in lawnmowers/chainsaws (not marine oil).

And changing the plug sure wouldn't hurt. If you require any carb parts you could try taking it to a small engine place to see if they could cross reference. McCulloch was bought out by MTD and some but not all of the patents and parts went with the sale, so you could get lucky......"

Back