Logo

Honda bf 130 pgm fi alarm

captbron

"Ive recently been getting an

"Ive recently been getting an intermitent alarm on one of my 2003 honda 130's. the alarm seems to only happen after the engine has been at low speeds for a period of time. if you leave the engine off for a while and then run at a cruising speed the alarm never comes but when you slow to idle for a few moments it comes back. the engine runs perfect and all the fuel filters are new, also there is no sign of water in the fuel. The MIL light is the only one lit and the buzzer is intermittent. Oil pressure temp and battery all look good. any ideas?"

I have the 130 service manual

I have the 130 service manual and cannot find anything about an oxygen sensor. It lists the oxygen sensors for the larger engines but not the 130's. would the sensor be under a different name in this application? Also where is the sensor located on the 130's. thanks for the help

"Bronson:

My BF200 was beep

"Bronson:

My BF200 was beeping on idle and low with a contious beep, and the EFI light (Engine) was on while beeping. Manual said that meant problems with EFI. TEch with computer said O2 sensor, changed sensor under warranty (he told me his bill to HOnda was close to $600!) and problem solved."

"Thee reference to the mil lig

"Thee reference to the mil light being on is the clue here. This indicates there is a problem, and you will need to fit the service coupler to get the error codes from the computer. The BF 130 engines do NOT have feedback injection systems that use O2 sensors"

"I have a 2006 BF225A and a pr

"I have a 2006 BF225A and a problem that sounds similar the "Ricksterpr's" problem. Engine runs fine at speed. However it just started with the PGM-FI indicator and alarm going off within a minute at idle speed. If i stop the engine and restart and go to speed, it never comes on, only at idle. I do not have the ability to get the boat to a service place with a computer.

I had a problem with the other engine awhile back, similar symptom, but just the audible alarm, it did not trigger the PGB-FI. I replaced the O2 sensor and that fixed it.

Anyone have an idea of the PGM-FI alarm on the other engine?"

Re: O2 sensor ... I will have

Re: O2 sensor ... I will have to try that. What is it with the O2 sensors in these engines? Was there a bad lot at the time these engines were manufactured?

Thank you for your suggestion.

Gary

"on the exhaust manifold
i th

"on the exhaust manifold
i think the 130 had them, not sure
it might be water in fuel also"

Thanks for all the replies guy

Thanks for all the replies guys. Turns out it was an Intake Air Temp sensor that had gone bad. did the short circuit technique and it led me right to it. The 130's do not have 02 sensors if anyone else was wondering about this

Back