Logo

2005 Mercury Outboard 33 hp Water Pump

B

bozo1

"It seems as though the water

"It seems as though the water pump in my newly acquired Merc 3.3 is fused together as one.I'm sure it's not it's just my inexperience. I've looked with a magnifier for a seam and can't locate one. I purchased a Seloc Repair Manual and also have a dealer print out but I just can't figure it out. I have pictures, but not sure how to send them . Any help is appreciated. wjl607@bellsouth,net"

"I took the prop off and the 2

"I took the prop off and the 2 small bolts. Then came one chunk which seems to have an impella imbedded inbetween what appears to be a front part and the rear of it has s cluster of small bearings. I can see the impella inbetween and can verify it's rubber with a prong. I just can't seem to figure out how to get to it. I have one picture with a front, side and rear view. Can I send it to you or this sit ? I'm a new mwmber. Thanks. [email protected]"

"Here's the picture. How d

"Here's the picture. How do I get it apart to install a new one?
150513.jpg
Mercury 3.3 hp Water Pump

The whole carrier came out? Ju

The whole carrier came out? Just the pump cover was supposed to come off. Got stuck together I guess.

"Oh wait, I remember now. This

"Oh wait, I remember now. This engine has a shifter? It may be on top of the case like a larger engine. The pump would stop in neutral. "

"How do I get it apart ? That

"How do I get it apart ? That IS the question. There has to be a logical solution to resolve other than just buying a new complete front and rear gousing. I also noticed that the new impella I purchases has 2 small slits on it. As if one or more ( usually one ) key fits to keep it from turning on the shaft. Well, when I pulled the small shaft out I did not see a key , a alot for a key nor did I see a key in the manual or dealer print out sheet ! What do you know about that ? My main thing is , how do I get it apart ?"

"I have a 2 stroke, 3.3 mercur

"I have a 2 stroke, 3.3 mercury outboard and can't remember the !#@$$% gas/oil mixture for it. Anyone able to tell me?
Thanks."

Back