Logo

I am looking for a water pump 225 v6 1970

alien4fish

Contributing Member
"just like the title says, I k

"just like the title says, I know some of you guys are ebay'ers, and might have 1 or know where i can get 1 or where i can rebuild the 1 ive got. Please help guys, the motor is almost done and i want to change out the water pump. Thanks
Kevin"

"anybody? someone? hello....

"anybody? someone? hello.....hello....... echo.....echo...........LOL sorry couldnt resist
rofl.gif
lol.gif
"

can you take a real good pictu

can you take a real good picture of it Kevin - I might have one - what's wrong with yours?

i havent pulled it yet but i l

i havent pulled it yet but i looked in the hose port and it looks like the fins are worn down to nubs!!! i will try to pull it and take some pix today thanks Hystat

that water pump is part#099147

that water pump is part#0991473 . I have a couple of post on here in search of one. ive been looking for five years with no luck...

that's an OMC number - it

that's an OMC number - it will not appear on the casting of all compatible pumps... need a pic.

"OK MY FREIND, water pump has

"OK MY FREIND, water pump has been pulled and it is TOAST......... looks like the casting #1375737
pix coming up right now.............................{150560,}
150563.jpg
"

"FIVE YEARS DAVE?? have you b

"FIVE YEARS DAVE?? have you been able to find an aftermarket type water pump? are using an automotive water pump? Im not apposed to using an automotive water pump. A mans gotta do what a mans gotta do
biggrin.gif
Well HYSTAT, let me know what you've got."

"I have found the replacment

"I have found the replacment DAVE>>>>>>>>>>..... Napa auto parts has the water pumps. I took my boat down to the parts store and matched it up! 58-110 reman water pump, aluminum housing, aluminum impellar Great success!!! and only 28 dollars and no core
here are the pix
150721.jpg
now you will have to cap the heater port. wich you can see from the pic( look closley)"

"1...<[img]"http://www.marinee

"1...
150725.jpg
notice the cap and clamp on the heater line, bolt pattern matches with the exception of an extra thru bolt for a bracket"

"its gonna have too, and from

"its gonna have too, and from what i understand the aluminum will not Corrode from the salt. The entire housing and impellar are made of aluminum
and due to the fact that you cannot even buy oem or replacement pumps for this motor anymore im claiming great success!"

"that pump looks sweet - much

"that pump looks sweet - much nicer impeller than the typical folded tin GM automotive - looks like it's actually more designed for marine than auto- if it doesn't hold up, well for $28 you could just throw a new one in with the annual oil change...."

"Yeah You're right HYSTAT

"Yeah You're right HYSTAT, 28 bucks. well the plugs and wires fuel lines get put back on this afternoon. and we are going to start her up an see how runs. Hey Hystat, what is a good way to the water up the out drive?? regular Muffs dont loo like they will fit very well"

"there's a water director

"there's a water director adapter for the early stringers. if you don't have one of those already on your drive, you can just fill a big drum - just make sure its deep enough to submerge the impeller."

Back