Logo

1972 Johnson 100HP Model#100ESL72R Lowever Unit issues

qhn

Regular Contributor
"Dear Joe Reeves,
I am postin

"Dear Joe Reeves,
I am posting to thank you for your response to my question on the suspecting issue with the prop and gears.
I pried most of the rubber off my prop already. It's considered ruin with only a half of the rubber left in the hub.
From your advice, I think my lower unit is all right. I have replaced the prop and now I need the water pump kit and the big gasket for the exhaust housing between the lower unit and the mid part of the engine.
Where can I find these? McPhearson local store quoted me too expensive.
If you carry them in your store, can you quote me a water pump kit for my motor and this big gasket (for the big square housing between the mid section and the lower unit).
Also, when the slippage occurs, my motor has 1 spark plug hanging loose. Oil was spurting out badly. I suspect that it was one of the factor that caused the issue as well.
Thank you"

"Keep in mind that you can alw

"Keep in mind that you can always have a propeller re-hubbed at any reliable propeller repair shop for a fraction of what the propeller would cost.

Water Pump assembly: 384465

Exhaust Housing Seal: 314937

Try this site first for parts. If not available, try NAPA.

I know that the water pump is expensive but it is absolutely a required item. The alternative is to simply replace the impeller and hope that the rest of the pump will hold up.

Impeller: 385072

Sorry to say that I have none of those items left in my personal remaining stock."

Back