Logo

Sorry Guys

"Thanks wrench,
Have done so

"Thanks wrench,
Have done so and awaiting the info from the people who made the darn thing. I am still baffeled by the SN. As I entered it, it came back with " incorrect SN info". I know that the previous info from Guy, I think, said to put a "0" in front of the number. Why do they make it so difficult? My data tags are all VERY clear and legible and the "0" is not or has never been there. It does work to add it, but if not for this forum, how would anyone figure this out. Oh well, my company, Trane, does the same thing sometimes. Very frustrating.

Jeff"

"ld it be more helpful to begi

"ld it be more helpful to begin new posts or is it appropiate to keep under the same one. As a tech, I prefer to know the history and the level of knowledge that I am dealing with, but do not want to bore you with old news. Please advise. I also did not realize that these were always going to all of your e-mails. Consenses welcome.

Jeff"

"absolutely stay with this str

"absolutely stay with this string. if you start a new one, no one will get updates, and makes it very hard to know where you are at."

"The engine SN: A6677208 falls

"The engine SN: A6677208 falls w/in the MCM 140 Alpha 1 group listed on the manual.

Traverse City, MI NAPA has alot of marine supplies. Check there next time."

"Jeff...

I've had to us

"Jeff...

I've had to use Trane psychrometric charts in the past.... Thats frustrating.

Wrench"

"Wrench,
Working as a Trane t

"Wrench,
Working as a Trane tech, I have access to info not available to the general public. If you have special needs in this regard, E-mail me with specific questions/circumstances and I will be happy to help. General info I can give as long as it does not violate any trade rights issues. Will help if I can. I use these charts daily, but use our plug in data when the N'th degree is needed.

Thanks,
Jeff"

"Finally,
Boat in the water,

"Finally,
Boat in the water, running better than ever before, all the work must have paid off because everything works smooth and even sounds better. Pretty funny given that I had never done any of this stuff before. Not a clue what I was doing, but it all worked out with your help. Once again as I was launching, a guy with what must have been a 40K boat sat dead in the water at the launch because "it ran good when I put it up last fall" and had done nothing to it. I don't get it. Time to go fishing!!
Good job guys!!

Jeff"

"Jeff...

Good to here your

"Jeff...

Good to here your boat is up and going.
I don't deal with psychrometric charts anymore as my job took me down a different path than expected, but thanks for the offer. If I ever try to figure out a problem with one, I'll give you a call.
Now get out on the lake and have some fun.

Wrench"

"Help,
I can not stop! All me

"Help,
I can not stop! All mechanical work done but due to rain, decided to make new engine cover and seats. Marine plywood, stain, marine spar varnish (with associated beer/varnish buzz), oh my God, I am turning into a boat junkie. Still have to keep up with real life stuff and actually enjoy the boat/fishing. Is there a pill or some kind of therepy you can prescribe? My wife thinks all is looking good, but is starting to look at me like I have truely finally lost it.

Jeff"

"Yes, there is a pill. Just t

"Yes, there is a pill. Just take 20 mg. of PROZAC daily and put it in her coffee in the morning and she won't care.
light_bulb.gif
"

"The boat is running fine, the

"The boat is running fine, the perch and gills are bit'in and a three day weekend. Life is Good.......
Thanks to all.
Jeff"

"Me Again,
I need to replace

"Me Again,
I need to replace my trailer tires and am getting an unusual amount of conflicting info. It is a ShoreLander trailer that had ST/205/75/D14 tires on it. I understand all the nomenclature and all, but here is my point of confusion. A trailer dealer says the bias ply is the way to go. My tire dealer says radial is the way to go. Carlisle, who makes the damn things are really not much clearer. We never travel more than 25 miles, with 90% of our trips more like 10 miles. Treadwear seems to be the radials strong point while tracking seems to be the bias strong point. Given my travel habits, I am leaning toward the bias as I will never see 40K on these tires. I do however make a lot of 1:00AM trips back from the lake and want to be as troublefree as possible. OK I will shut up and listen. Please give your real life experiences.

Thanks,
Jeff"

"Jeff:

You can't go wro

"Jeff:

You can't go wrong w/Carlisle trailer tires. Are they nylon? Will last longer then rubber. Goodyear makes a radial trailer tire that is pretty good. I have driven NANKING (Chinese) bias tires at 75 mph for 600 mi. w/o any problem. But, DO NOT BUY THEM because they dry rotted w/in 18 months. My next will be Carlisle tires."

"Hey Guy,
Went with "D&#3

"Hey Guy,
Went with "D" Carlisle bias ply. $75.00 mounted on my wheels at local trailer dealer. When he brought them out I noticed that there were no longer any balance weights on it. When I asked why they said "aw, trailer tires don't need to be balanced". Sounded wierd to me so rather than argue I went to my local tire dealer and had them balanced. Looks like a good thing because there were a lot of balance weights on it for a tire that was perfect. Also very different amounts on each tire. Man, I can stand not knowing something, mistakes, and just lack of ability but I have no tolerence for incompetence. How many people are out there pulling trailers @ 70 mph while there tires are self destroying or the trailers are wondering all over the place. I guess the lesson here is that we should all pick our "experts" carefully.
I will now get off of the soap box and to bed for the early dark thiry shuffle for walleye and perch.
Thanks for the input.

Jeff"

"Jeff:

They need balanced a

"Jeff:

They need balanced as any tire does. I just don't rotate them since they rot before I put 10,000 miles on them. Looks like I'm ready to get some Carlisle tires soon. Save some perch for me."

Back