Logo

Volvo Penta 57 Gsi 2000 model Overheating

bdm

Hi Guy It a bit hard to get go

Hi Guy It a bit hard to get good advise on Volvo motors in Australia I have a overheating problem when the revs get above 2000 rpm temp good up to 240 degrees and when i back the revs of it goes back to 160. I have change the manifolds and risers and impeller What else could it be?

Peter
Melbourne Australia

"You should also check the the

"You should also check the thermostat (24), the thermostat housing (35), elbows (40), circulation pump (16),

http://www.volvopentastore.com/EXHAUST_AND_COOLING_GL_GS/dm/cart_id.657400424--c ategory_id.342454--search_type.category--session_id.679302930--store_id.366--vie w_id.312795

and steering cooler (17)

http://www.volvopentastore.com/POWER_STEERING_PUMP_GL_GS/dm/cart_id.657400424--c ategory_id.342454--search_type.category--session_id.679302930--store_id.366--vie w_id.312797

Also, make sure the circulation pump belt is not loose.

Did you replace the raw water pump impeller recently? If so, were there any chunks missing? If that was the case, they may be stuck in the cooling system.

Also, have you gone over a sandbar or mud? If so, the block could be choked or the steering oil cooler fouled.

Also, what outdrive do you have? the problem could also be there. A good start would be backflushing the cooling system between the water hose going to the steering oil cooler and the outdrive. Afterwards, you can seal the water intake grids with duct tape, then pressurize the system (not just backflush) and see if there is any water leak coming from somewhere in the outdrive. If you find a leak, that could be a source of air ingress into the cooling system when the engine is running."

El Pescador Thank you for your

El Pescador Thank you for your information. It sound great .I cannot open those Volvo Penta store links? Is that site still working?

Peter

"Yes, the links are active; bu

"Yes, the links are active; but if you are connecting to the web from Australia, you may have to use a proxy server to access them."

Hi El Pescador .I have tried t

Hi El Pescador .I have tried to open the links from 3 different computers. Are they Pdf files
The impeller was changed last week

"Peter, they are not pdf files

"Peter, they are not pdf files, but you need to connect to the Internet via a "proxy server". Other people connecting from Australia are having the same problem as you do, check this:

http://www.marineengine.com/discus/messages/12487/145606.shtml

Search in Google for "proxy server" and you will find out how to make the connection. Sometimes you can do it by loging on a website that provides the free service, and sometimes you will have to make changes in your Internet Explorer settings (Tools, Internet Options, Connections)."

El Pescador. Your the man.I wo

El Pescador. Your the man.I worked out what a proxy server was and got the website. Thanks for your advise.I will get these things looked at this week and let you know the outcome

Best Regards

Peter

El Pescador. The problem is fi

El Pescador. The problem is fixed .The intake hose in the entrance of the stendrive or leg had a small crack and when you put the boat on the plane it was sucking in air not water. Was not very easy to find tried lots of other things to find it

Thank for your help
Best Regards

Back