Logo

Aq271c Replace starter

gotago

Has anyone changed the starter

Has anyone changed the starter while in the Boat and if so do you have any tips to access the bolts and remove the it without shinking into a 1 ft mechanic and/or throwing out your Back There very little room to work in there.

"You only need to reach two ve

"You only need to reach two vertical bolts (one short otutboard an one long inboard) by the flywheel area, and also remove the front bracket (anchor) that secures the starter to the block.

Since it is in a tight spot, you will probably work better if you remove the exhaust manifold first."

"I looked at that manifold and

"I looked at that manifold and thought about taking it off. I guess i'll reconsider if it comes out easy enough.
I was using a mirror to see the other bolt on that starter, i was a little discouraged since I'm 6' 4" and have a bad back but I do love a challenge. Thanks for the suggestion"

"You are welcome. BTW, I am 6&

"You are welcome. BTW, I am 6' 2" so I think I have an idea of what "challenge" you are talking about."

Is there a tightening pattern

Is there a tightening pattern for the manifold??

Thanx for your previous help El Pescador

"None that I know of, but it w

"None that I know of, but it would make sense to start torquing at the ends of the manifold and finish at the middle, or vice versa."

Back