Logo

48 hp water pump replacement

jramirez

I have a 1996 48hp Evinrude on

I have a 1996 48hp Evinrude on a Baymaster Boat used mainly in TX bays. Replaced water pump last year(JULY). Now won't pump again. I use double muffs and start engine weekly and use in water frequently and flush after each use. Can I extend the pumps life? or do they normally go out this quick?

"how do u know,its not pumping

"how do u know,its not pumping?....if u are going only by the 'p' stream,it is prob just stopped up.....its best to use a temp gun on cyl hd to confirm temps,.....if u r plowing around down there in shallow *^%%^,..it is prob ate up,or your powerhead,water area's,tubes may be clogged."

Will check tubes right away.

Will check tubes right away. Powerheads sounds expensive. I got no stream when flushing after morning trip. Can I use compressed air to check if clogged or other?

"I have a 1983 Johnson 48 hp 2

"I have a 1983 Johnson 48 hp 2-cylcle outboard on samll bass boat. The boat sat in a feild for about 8 yrs. I have taken the boat to my local marine shop,rebuilt carbs, new wiring,my problems is after boat runs for a short amount of time and you throttle back to nuetrel it dies and will not restart for better part of 20 min. I had a metal o-ring replaced they said was letting air into carbs causing the engine to stop. that did not work still have same problem. Any help would be great."

Found mud dauber nest in pee h

Found mud dauber nest in pee hole but still not shooting water up. removed lower to find cam melted and impeller scarred...will replace with kit...did dauber nest cause it to melt with back pressure? or something else?

I have 1983 johnson 35 and I n

I have 1983 johnson 35 and I need to know how to remove the shift rod . If anyone has a blowup Iwould sure like to see it. Thanks Larry

shop.evinrude.com ------ ha

shop.evinrude.com ------ has all the pretty pictures.

Back