Logo

Coolant Leak in b96 502 XLI Fresh Water CooledRear Exchanger

J

Jack Doho

I am losing about 2-4 quarts o

I am losing about 2-4 quarts of coolant into the bilge when I run the boat at cruising speed. No signs of leak at idle or putting around. I did a pressure test and found no leaks in any hoses.

I don't see any coolant spray due to leaking from the circulating pump onto the belts.

All hose clamps have been checked for tightness. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

"how about the cap? I dont kn

"how about the cap? I dont know if this applies, but I had an 82 bronce that would leak out the pressure cap when hot."

"I ordered new caps for both e

"I ordered new caps for both engines yesterday, just to eliminate is as a possible source of the leak...there cheap enough. Since the cap is directly over the circulating pump, if it were leaking there, I think I would see some signs of spray off of the belt.

I'll let you know if the new cap cures my problem...thanks."

You need top pressure the syst

You need top pressure the system with a pump--you can borrow one from AutoZone--and see where it's leaking.

Jeff

One of the first things I trie

One of the first things I tried was a pressure test. The caps are rated at 7 PSI. I pressurized the system to 7 pounds and it held with no loss of pressure (or leaks). I took it up to 14 pounds with the same results.

Back