Replaced impellerstill not much discharge of water

buzzbait

"Engine: 15hp Eska
Year: 1974

"Engine: 15hp Eska
Year: 1974
Model: 1926A
Fuel Ratio: 36:1

Problem - I noticed that the outlet for the water wasn't producing much, so I had the impeller replaced. Took it out again, and still not a lot of discharge. Just kinda drips luke-warm water.

Could it be that the lake is so cold the thermostat is not opening (if there is a thermostat) to allow water to flow through the engine? Could it be blockage in the line somewhere?

Any input will be appreciated.

This motor was very well taken care of. I am the second owner and the guy before me (who purchased it new in 1974) logged every single hour he ever used it, how much gas went into it, and all the services it's ever had. Very impressive, and in top notch condition.

Another question: for tuning the carb should I use the same directions I got for a smaller 2hp I got from here? I guess I should probably refer to the owner's manual or the repair manuel, as they both came with the engine, along with all the operating logs."

Motor sounds fine. The water s

Motor sounds fine. The water should just kinda "weep" out from the relief - most of it goes down and out just above the propeller.

As long as you can put your fingers on the powerhead for a few seconds after it's been running for a bit - all is fine....

Back