Logo

What is the difference

gonefishing

Can anyone tell me what is the

Can anyone tell me what is the difference between a 60hp and 70hp Evinrude? Both have the same bore size and stroke so where does the extra 10hp come from? I have a 60hp am I able to increase it to a 70hp? Your great wisdom would be much appreciated.

"I would say carb jets,and thr

"I would say carb jets,and throat size,intake bore,and maybe a lttle bit of timing diff.and maybe a longer or shorter exhaust megaphone...not sure."

"Many models share exactly the

"Many models share exactly the same powerhead - in horsepowers that are close 60/70 the carbs are different. In others the exhaust is different as well. On some of the very new motors, the computer makes the difference.

A given displacement produces horsepower based on how well the motor can "inhale and exhale". Most designs start out at the maximum horsepower for that model and are "restricted" down to the lower horsepowers.

Altering the horsepower is illegal, but it is often done...."

"Brings to mind a guy I saw la

"Brings to mind a guy I saw last year fishing. 16' tin can with a 25hp on it. This thing
really ripped, and it was no sticker change either, it was a mid 70's- early 80's evinrude 25, it had to be "tuned up"."

Back