Logo

RisersElbows

alfred

"I have twin 270's that ar

"I have twin 270's that are fresh water cooled engines. Several people suggested I change out the elbows and risers. I have had this boat now 4 years and don't know when they were done last. It does appear that riser is newer than the elbow just by wear but it also looks like there is a cup like piece on the botton making it a 3 piece application. Do I need to just worry about the elbow and riser? Also, reviewing the survey done at the time it suggests the manifolds and risers were recenly done to the boat but cant seem to find anything to support that. Should these be replaced and again just the elbow and risers or all 3 pieces.
thanks in advance"

"Are you running in fresh wate

"Are you running in fresh water or salt? 4-6 yrs is usually about the lifespan in salt water, you can nearly double that for fresh."

"You know Rick, Each time I re

"You know Rick, Each time I read a Riser/Manifold question I CRINGE ( for nothing more than knowing the job so well ) !....AL"

"Al

I will be starting my m

"Al

I will be starting my manifold job next weekend, have all my parts (new) ready to go. I have been reading all of your posts and am sure hoping that I don't run into as many problems as you have. Seems to me that I do have a good resource to go to if I run into a problem, sounds like you have delt with just about all of them. Oh yea, I went out the other day and got an extra large BFH !!!"

Back