Logo

Suzukie DT75 Overheat Problem

"I have a 1988 DT 75 that I ge

"I have a 1988 DT 75 that I get an over heat alarm on when I run the motor up on plane. I have replaced the thermostat, impeller and oil sensor unit. My son has pulled the pack side of the power head and made sure there was no obstructions in it. It is all clear.When the boat is in the water we have pulled the thermostat to make sure there is good water going thru it. I will say that the old water pump was disintegrated when we pulled the lower end that is why we replaced it. I would appreciate any help any one can give. I ordered the manual fro Browns Point marine. I am at my wits end on this."

I pulled the thermostat alread

I pulled the thermostat already and used a hose to back wash down thru the motor It seemed to flow ok. Im not sure what the popet valve is I did put a new thermostat in if that is what you mean. Thanks Harold

I should say one other thing a

I should say one other thing about the water pump. When I say it was shot it only had one of the wings still on it. We dont know where the rest of it went that is why we have back washed and even checked the water runs up thru the engin. This has become very frustrating because we dont know what to check next. Is it possible that the over heat sensor could have went bad. M son says he believes the engin is in deed getting hot.

Well you need to find the prob

Well you need to find the problem ( broken impeller pieces ) if you don't find the problem and continue to run the motor then you might end up looking for another motor.Classic example of why a new impeller must be installed every 2/3 years.

We believe we got all the piec

We believe we got all the pieces out. We tore the back of the power head apart and made sure the water channels were all clear and checked the tube on the lower end was all clear

"Check the poppett valve: It l

"Check the poppett valve: It looks like I have to pull the head for this? If so, it seems like the chances of breaking a bolt are high.... Any advice?"

We have pulled the head and al

We have pulled the head and all the channels are clear. There is no obstructions any where all the way down to the lower end unit.The next thing is to test the heat sensor.My son also bought a new thermostat for it. I really apreciate all the help you guys have been. Thanks

My son took the boat out this

My son took the boat out this week end and it works like a charm. just-in-time you are a genious. Thanks for all your help. I have learned more about a boat motor then I ever waned to know. Once again thank you all ever so much and you were right buying the mannual was the best thing I could do. Harold

"glad to here<[img]"http://www

"glad to here
biggrin.gif
"

Back